Eric and I are the mean parents who have not allowed the boys to have chewing gum. A couple of years ago, when Ryan asked me when he would be able to have chewing gum, I came up with the fairly random date of loosing your first tooth. So, not only did the tooth fairy come to visit our house for the first time; but Ryan is now allowed to have chewing gum! The tooth fairy brought him $1 (which is way more than either Eric or I got from the tooth fairy - Eric says he used to get a quarter, sometimes two quarters; and Rachel and I used to get one quarter, one dime, one nickel and one penny).
He was so proud of himself yesterday, when I took him to CVS; even though the tooth fairy didn't bring him enough money to buy the gum - he had enough! The tooth next it the space is loose too, so now that Ryan knows what will happen; I think he will yank it out a little quicker than it took him to loose the first one!
